Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year's resolutions. I guess I'll join the club and share mine. 


I don't like to give myself hard core resolutions. Every time I do, I quit them in about a day. I like to give myself "goals" more or less. I came up with a small list of things I will be working on throughout the year. Some right away and some later on. 

For some reason this year I am actually ready to work really hard on some things. I want to change my life for the better. I think having Allie really helped me realize that life is indeed short and I can't just waste time like I used to. I need to cherish every moment and use them to the fullest. 

1. Just like most people I will be including weight loss in my resolutions. I'd really like to start working out at least 3 times a week. I plan on starting Zumba again. I'm not a gym person and I'm not into the typical workout. Zumba is fun and I can do it right at home on the Xbox without 8 million people watching my every terrible dance move. 

2. Start drinking more water. 


3. Stop drinking soda. 

4. Get Allie Mae potty trained and off the binkie. Potty trained first and binkie last. I really could care less if she wants her binkie so that will just be a very slow wean.


5. Pay off ALL our credit card debt by summer and start Baby Step #3.


6. Start paying bills twice a month instead of little bits weekly. I want to get to the point where I have the money in our account to pay the bills every other week and then put away a certain amount from the paycheck to cover the bills coming in the following month. I figured out our budget and that we'll need to put aside about $400 a week for bills. The rest of the money can go towards food, spending money, savings, etc. 

7. Start a savings account for Allie and contribute $10 weekly until our credit cards are paid off then $20 a week. 

8. Join in on the 52 Week Money Savings Challenge plan and use the money for Christmas shopping. 


9. Blog once a week. 

10. Worry less about the small stuff and try to enjoy the life that I have been given. Who cares if there are Little People all over the damn house and the floors havent been vacuumed at least 4 times this week. I just want to be an awesome wife and mother and have a ton of fun with my family. 

11. And last but not least, build a better relationship with God. Pray more and go to church. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...