I don't like to give myself hard core resolutions. Every time I do, I quit them in about a day. I like to give myself "goals" more or less. I came up with a small list of things I will be working on throughout the year. Some right away and some later on.
For some reason this year I am actually ready to work really hard on some things. I want to change my life for the better. I think having Allie really helped me realize that life is indeed short and I can't just waste time like I used to. I need to cherish every moment and use them to the fullest.
1. Just like most people I will be including weight loss in my resolutions. I'd really like to start working out at least 3 times a week. I plan on starting Zumba again. I'm not a gym person and I'm not into the typical workout. Zumba is fun and I can do it right at home on the Xbox without 8 million people watching my every terrible dance move.
2. Start drinking more water.
4. Get Allie Mae potty trained and off the binkie. Potty trained first and binkie last. I really could care less if she wants her binkie so that will just be a very slow wean.
5. Pay off ALL our credit card debt by summer and start Baby Step #3.
6. Start paying bills twice a month instead of little bits weekly. I want to get to the point where I have the money in our account to pay the bills every other week and then put away a certain amount from the paycheck to cover the bills coming in the following month. I figured out our budget and that we'll need to put aside about $400 a week for bills. The rest of the money can go towards food, spending money, savings, etc.
7. Start a savings account for Allie and contribute $10 weekly until our credit cards are paid off then $20 a week.
8. Join in on the 52 Week Money Savings Challenge plan and use the money for Christmas shopping.
9. Blog once a week.
10. Worry less about the small stuff and try to enjoy the life that I have been given. Who cares if there are Little People all over the damn house and the floors havent been vacuumed at least 4 times this week. I just want to be an awesome wife and mother and have a ton of fun with my family.
11. And last but not least, build a better relationship with God. Pray more and go to church.