Friday, July 11, 2014

Well, we finally did it. We got ourselves a minivan.


It's laughable because I NEVER EVER thought I would be driving around in a minivan.

Then again...I never thought I'd be having twins either.

I was really upset when we realized that all three of the car seats weren't going to fit into the Torrent. I had my heart set on keeping that car until the wheels fell off. It was in good shape, it was clean, nothing was wrong with it mechanically, and best of all it was paid off!

After we discovered the seats wouldn't fit and we'd have to get another car, we started car shopping. I really did NOT want a van, I wanted a larger SUV. Something around the size of a Tahoe and with third row. I started looking and looking.

I couldn't find anything that would work for us.

We discussed what we wanted in our next car. We wanted third row, something good on gas (we travel to and from Wisconsin, a lot!), something in decent shape and something that we could trade our car in on so we could either A. not have a car payment or B. only have to finance very little, and after lots of debate with Loren, I realized that maybe a van would be a better fit for us.

Well, a van ended up being the way we needed to go.

We've had the van for about a month now and I gotta say, I love it. It's smooth, nice, clean, runs great, has so much more room and best of all...WE STILL DON'T HAVE A CAR PAYMENT!

The van is so much easier to maneuver around in than a third row SUV would be. I'm going to be able to get in the car to load everyone in their seats and I'm not going to have to lift someone over a row to get them in the back. When we're on our long road trips, I'm going to be able to just walk into the back to feed or help someone. It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...