Thursday, December 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure I have the best husband on the planet.

I've had a pretty rough week this week. Things just seemed to not be working out and for some reason I had some really fussy babies. I had my first meltdown on Tuesday and I called Loren bawling. I just needed to talk to him. I know everybody says this, but my husband truly is my best friend. He is the only person that I never get sick of no matter what. And he's the only person who I can say anything to and he would never think less of me. That being said, he was the only one who was going to be able to calm me down. After about a good 10 minute vent, I felt better and didn't really think about it the rest of the week. He, on the other hand, must have taken it as a clear sign that I needed a break. He decided to arrange a surprise date for us. He told me today what his plans are and honestly I was shocked. It feels good to know that he was listening and instead of watching the kids for me so I would have to do something by myself, he felt it was important for us to be together. I seriously love that man and I love that we're still crazy about each other after nearly 10 years.

So anyway, Loren says what we do on this date is up to me so I think I'm going to pick the place to eat and then let him decide what we do after. I really don't care, as long as we're together.

We've had some pretty strange dates though. The first time we ever hung out, just the two of us, we went to a tattoo parlor and I sat and talked to him while he got a tattoo. The second time we hung out we went coyote hunting and our first official date was at Hooters. Classy, I know. I'll never forget the first date we had after we had Allie. We had his parents come over to the house to watch her while we went and got Chinese takeout. We didn't want to go see a movie because we wanted to be able to talk so after we got the food we decided to go to Best Buy, buy a movie, we found a parking lot and watched the movie in our car. It was one of the best dates ever.

I really can't even put into words how much I love my husband. I'm just so excited to have some alone time with him. We need this!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...