Sunday, February 2, 2014

I've been stuck in this 'way too overly protective mommy' stage and I'm trying so hard to get out. With having this new job, I was thinking about putting Allie into daycare one day so 1. She could get some much needed learning/kid/independent time away from momma and 2. I could get some much needed quite time. I'm having a really difficult time with this though. I think about dropping her off for the first day and everything going great until 15 minutes go by, she looks for momma, realizes I'm not there and freaks out. How sad is that? A little 2 year old realizing her mom is nowhere to be found and not knowing anyone who is there with her. It would be so scary and it breaks my heart even thinking about it. I don't know, maybe it's just me? Maybe it's just my overly weird bad thoughts that go through my head? Either way, it's really hard, even though I know that it really could be good for her.

I went to the daycare the other day just to check it out and it did make me feel a little better. I knew just walking into the place Allie would love it. I love the fact that they concentrate more on learning than anything and it's more like a school than a babysitter. And I really like that fact that all the 2 year olds are in the same room. She's really started showing an interest in playing with other kids lately and being surrounded my 10 other 2 years olds would be awesome for her.






It totally seems like it would be right up her ally.

I think she'll be going for the first time this week. Luckily her first day will be free to see if it's even something that she's going to like. I think she'll do good. I just need to not call every 5 minutes checking in on her.

Fingers crossed it goes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...