Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Why hello, March! Even though it's still as cold as January, it still feels good to say its March. We have had one of the coldest winters yet. There were numerous days where schools were called off because the below zero temps and the snow seems like it just won't stop. I can't wait to be able to open the windows and let this condo air out for a while. I can't wait until there is no more salt tracked into the house. I really can't wait until I can sit on the patio this summer drinking a beer, while Allie is swimming in her pool and playing in the grass. I can smell my lavender bushes already.

While this winter weather seems to put everyone in a bad mood, I still try my hardest to keep positive. A lot of really good things have happened to our little family that I am so thankful for. I've been at my new job for a couple months now and can already see the positive changes to our bank account. We finally, after many months, have been able to buy something nice for our selves.  I got Allie and I a new iPad (which I'm using right now), and Loren was able to stock up on about $600 worth of ammo. It feels really good to be able to treat ourselves and to not have to worry about spending an extra $20 on something.

I like spending the money, BUT I've realized that I think I like saving the money even more. After our couple spending sprees I've decided we really need to buckle down and start saving all the extra money I make. I don't want to be nazis about it because I'd still like to be able to go out to dinner or buy Allie a little gift here or there without any worries. I just really want to get everything paid off and live on cash. It feels good to have the amount of money we need to pay all the credit cards off, but with some of the changes we will be making soon, I think it's best to have the cash just incase we need it to fall back on.

We've been super busy and I'm still trying to get used to juggling a job, taking care of the house, and taking care of Allie. We tried potty training this past week and Allie was fighting it like no other. I'm not sure what else to do to get her excited about it. We tried bribing with everything and nothing is working. Not even M&Ms. I'm going to try and come up with some other ideas and start fresh this weekend. It's harder when we're at home one day and then gone the next. We'll get it though.

I canceled all my monthly sub boxes and left the Box Love Exchange group I was a part of on Facebook. I really liked all the women, but I found myself spending more money on tons of useless junk. I still have two boxes coming from Birchbox, and Silly Rhino though.


It felt really good canceling all the boxes, especially when I realized how much I was spending a month on stuff I never really use. I think the boxes are more for people who are into name brand stuff. I'll stick with Target.

In other news, I finally got the chance to get my seeds planted for this summers veggie harvest. I planted Carrots, Green Beans, Broccoli, Sweet Peas, and Lettuce in my new indoor greenhouse. Within four days all the seeds sprouted and started to actually look like real plants.


And then after putting them in front of the window for a couple days, they really grew.


So now the countdown until Spring begins. 

We've got Easter coming up and I, like usual, have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a good gift for Allie. I've found a couple really cute things I want to get her, I just need to wait until I get some coupons to order. 

I really like this whole Little Mermaid swim set...





I'm also thinking about getting her this...


I really can't wait until this weather warms up. Allie needs some outside time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...