Monday, September 1, 2014

It's finally September 1st and we're that much closer to fall! I need the cooler weather to roll in so I can make it through this pregnancy. This heat has been killing me and a really active 2.5 year old who LOVES to be outside doesn't really help much.

I am now 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant with only 9 weeks and 4 days to go, if I go full term. I've been feeling just okay. Kinda blah really. I hit my full throttle energy stage and I think that's long gone now. Now I've just been trying to deal with all the aches and pains and the complete lack of sleep.

I love how people tell you to get all the sleep you can before the baby comes. That's just dumb because 1. No amount of sleep you get before the baby comes will ever help with the lack of sleep you'll get after the baby is here and 2. Anybody who's been pregnant before should already know that it's actually quite difficult to get any good amount of sleep in the last trimester of pregnancy. You have to get up 8 million times at night to pee, you're tossing and turning all night because your ginormous belly prevents you from getting comfortable and the hot flashes literally make you feel like you're sleeping in hell.

The pain I've been experiencing is a different story. I've been having terrible pelvic pain and nothing seems to help. It literally feels like these babies are going to fall out any minute. The pressure is insane. I've also been really stiff when I wake up in the morning or from naps, my hips have been cramping up and my arms are always falling asleep.

Other than the pain and lack of sleep, things have been going as expected. I'm now going to the doctor once a week. Each week I have my stress test and every other week I'll be getting ultrasounds.

Here are some other 30 Week updates:


  • Both babies are head down and weighing in around 4 lbs each.
  • I've been eating ice like crazy and have a certain way I need to do it.
  • I've been sleeping better on the couch than I have been in bed with Loren.
  • I officially started "nesting".
  • Allie know's what's in Momma's "'belly button" now...TWO BABIES!
  • She was watching them move around for the first time tonight and actually liked it.
  • Allie thinks that my stretch marks are ouchies and I need band aids.
  • Speaking of stretch marks...I get a new one everyday. Loren makes me feel good about them though, so I don't mind them.
  • My belly is measuring 7 weeks ahead. I'm the same size now as I was when I was about done with Allie.
  • I'm growing out of all of my maternity shirts and REALLY don't want to have to go out and buy more.
  • I feel the babies moving all.the.time. They don't have a lot of room in there so the movements are much more noticeable than with just one baby.
  • I find myself freaking out more and more as the due date gets closer. 
  • I'm in that weird spot where you just want to be done being pregnant because you're so uncomfortable, but you don't really want to have the baby because you're just not ready yet. 
  • I've become very attached to Allie and feel guilty that not only one, but two more babies are coming to take all the attention away.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...