Monday, October 27, 2014


I finally had the twins! They are a week old now so I'm a little behind on posting about it, but things have been so busy.

Here'sour birth story...

Thursday morning I went in for my 37 week checkup. Everything was moving along nicely and the babies were growing fast. I told the doctor about about some cramping I had the weekend before so he decided to check my cervix and had noticed it was finally thinning. With the cramping, small contractions I was having and my thinning cervix, he decided to send me home with a "prescription" that consisted of lots of walking and trip to Walgreens for some castor oil. So off I went. I was so ready to have the babies so I was willing to do anything at that point. I left the office, went home and walked around the neighborhood a couple times, I ran a ton of errands, went back home to clean the house and install car seats. I was literally exhausted by the time 5pm rolled around. Around 8pm I drank a homemade concoction of castor oil and orange juice. I'm pretty sure it was the nastiest thing I've ever drank. It seemed impossible to get it all down but I was on a mission.

After I finally finished the castor oil, Loren and I went to bed. I woke up around 1:30am with a terrible stomach ache and ended up puking all over the place. About 45 minutes passed and I was feeling better so I went back to bed. 5:30 rolled around and I was up with Loren. He went to work and I went to the bathroom before I went back to bed. I'm sitting on the toilet reading some Facebook posts and all of a sudden I feel this pop and then a huge gush of liquid. My water broke!!! I was freaking out. I called Loren to come back home. We sat on the phone for about 20 minutes talking and both of our voices were shaking. We were both a little terrified. I called the doctor and she said to meet her at the hospital around 7 so I stayed home, waited for Loren and got some last minute things packed into my hospital bag. Contractions didn't take long to start after my water broke either. I forgot about how bad those sucked. By the time we got to the hospital I needed a wheel chair because I couldn't stand anymore with the pain. We got ourselves checked in a settled into a room. From then on it was just a painful waiting game.

Everything moved so fast compared to Allie Mae's delivery. By about 11am I was dilated to 6cm and begging for an epidural. Contractions are contractions, they hurt either way, but I feel like these were worse than what I had with Allie. When I was in labor with Allie it was all in my stomach and the only thing that would make them feel better was to be up and moving around. These contraction were all in my back this time and hurt so bad that I was just curled in a ball the whole time. Anyway, after I got the epidural, Loren and I took a little nap. We slept maybe an hour and next thing I know they're telling me I was at 9cm and it was time to push. And so that's what I did. I can't really remember how long I pushed for, but little Miss Charlie Ann finally made her appearance.

Up until Charlie was out things were going really smooth. As soon as she was handed to me, things started getting a little freaky. All of a sudden as I pulling her up onto my chest, I see a ton of blood spraying everywhere. Literally spraying. Next thing I know, all the doctors and nurses were freaking out and Charlie was taken from me. I had no idea what was going on. There was blood everywhere, I thought one of her legs ripped off or something. Well, luckily it wasn't a leg, but it was her umbilical cord. I guess she had a super short cord and when I tried to bring her up to me it snapped in half. After about what seemed to be a lifetime, I was told she was ok and it was time to start pushing again for baby number 2. By this time, I'm exhausted and he did not want to come out. I pushed for another half hour. I literally felt like I was going to die. I had never been so exhausted in my life. I had doctors sitting on my stomach, another with his whole arm up there trying to get a hold of him. After a little help from the vacuum, Mr. Raymond had finally arrived.

Charlie Ann born 10/17/2014 at 1:12pm
5lbs 14oz 19in long

Raymond Earl Alexander born 10/17/2014 at 1:41pm
6lbs 9oz 19in long

After a very eventful delivery, the babies and I were cleaned up and put into our room. We had quite a few visitors the first night which was exhausting, but we all finally got to to bed for the night. The next day was full of check ups, tests and more visitors.

Everything went so well and I'm really pleased with all the hard work from the doctors and nurses. I'm beyond in love with my babies. And I now feel like my family is complete.   


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...