Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Now don't get me wrong, I love these twins and would do anything for them, but I'm finding out I'm just not a baby person. All it is is a constant guessing game. Baby is crying: are they hungry? Nope. Dirty diaper? No. Maybe gas? Administer gripe water, 10 minutes later, still crying. Lonely? Doesn't want to be held. Too hot? Too cold? The list goes on. It's a checklist of things that play over and over in my head and by the end of the day, I'm mentally exhausted.

I can't wait until these two can sit up, I can't wait until they interact more with people, or play with toys. I just need them to be at that age where they can keep themselves busy for 15 minutes. Call me a bad mom but I REALLY can't wait until they like movies. My mother in law came over to pick Allie up just a little bit ago and while she was here, Allie was running around the house being crazy. She looked at me and said sarcastically " I bet you can't wait until all three are running around like this.". Actually I cant. Yeah she's being super loud and obnoxious but she's happy and keeping herself busy. Honestly , I think the loud and obnoxious kids are fun. Yeah she can be a bit much some days but I sure as hell would never reverse the clock to make her a baby again. No thank you.

It's just like it was with Allie though. There are really good days and there are really bad days. It just so happens that this past week was full of more bad than good. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Well, rant over. Both babies are sleeping so I'm going to take a nap. Dinner can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...