Friday, January 2, 2015

Well another Christmas came and went and now we're the first couple days into 2015. 2014's Christmas was extra special. It's was Ray and Charlie Ann's 1st Christmas and the first Christmas Allie was really into. She loved everything about it this year. Santa, the reindeer, the Christmas tree, helping me wrap presents, she really had fun and I loved it.

All three kids and Loren and I were very lucky this year. The kids got all sorts of cool new toys. Allie's favorites so far are the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ships and Tiki Hideout, her new wooden barn with all the animals and the teepee. The babies both got a bunch of new toys too and all three got a ton of clothes. It was a great year and not because of all the gifts. Everybody enjoyed themselves. Everyone got along and there was no drama!















It was a hectic day running around but still so fun. The house was trashed by the end of the night. We had toys up the wazoo and I couldn't take it anymore so while all the kids and husband were sleeping I took down all the Christmas decorations, sorted through all the clothes and cleaned out some of Allie's old toys to make room for the new ones. I stayed up until about 2am, but I was happy to get everything done. The day after Christmas, Loren and Allie finished opening the rest of the toys and putting everything together while I caught up on some laundry and cleaned the house a bit. It worked out well because I was actually able to get everything done before the weekend so I could just relax.








Loren had a lot of time off the past couple of weeks which was great. Him and Allie are best buds so it gave me a chance to catch up on some sleep while they were playing and doing whatever it is they do. He'll be back to work on Monday so things will unfortunately go back to normal. It won't take long before I'm a walking zombie again.

New Years was pretty low key this year. I took Allie Mae to a little New Years Eve bash at Pump it Up. It was really cute. They served the kids pizza and ice cream, they got to run wild for a good two hours and they had a balloon drop countdown. We both had a blast.




Later that night we had some friends come over and we all just hung out. Allie got to play with their kids while the adults just sat around and talked. The guys blew some stuff up, we drank some wine, beer and Captain, watched a movie and went to bed. It was a good night.

So anyway, nothing special is planned for the rest of the week.  Loren went to the property to hunt and I'll be at home with the kids getting some much needed cleaning done. I need to get the car cleaned and the oil changed within the next couple days so hopefully it warms up a bit so I can check that off the list. I'd also like to get our closet cleaned out. I really need to go through my clothes and get rid of what I don't wear. After my closet is done I'm going to move onto the kids closet. Ray is growing out of 3 month clothing already so I need to get his clothes switched over to 6 months and organize everything to sell. Charlie will probably be in 3 month for another month or so which is good, it's easier only having to worry about switching one of them at a time.

It's so boring when Loren isn't home but I do myself getting more stuff done so I guess that's good. It's gonna be a long weekend with just me and the kids. I'm thinking I might go a little crazy.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...